Monday, January 2, 2012

Homemade Vanilla Extract

For those of you who like to bake as well as cook......ooh ooh ooh....me!!  I do I do.....I came across a recipe for "do it yourself" Vanilla extract.   (which I use a ton of)  It could not be simpler....

Vodka & Vanilla beans.....pretty easy huh!  That's what I though. You just cut your vanilla beans in half ~ put them into a jar ~ add Vodka.....voila!!!   It will take a couple of months so make sure you put the date you did it on the bottom with a piece of tape (if I put in on a calendar I know I would lose the calendar!)       The only work you have to do is give it a good shake once a day!  It will start to turn brown in about a week. Just keep up the shaking & in 2 months you have vanilla extract! 



When the 2 months are up just simply remove the vanilla bean & strain really well through cheese cloth to remove all of the seeds.......Guaranteed to never run out!

This is after only 1 month of sitting.....
Only 1 month to go:)

No comments:

Post a Comment