Monday, November 21, 2011

Homemade Ravioli

This was my 1st attempt at homemade ravioli & it turned out wayyyyy better than I ever would of expected!!  Almost one of those "to easy" recipes!!!  How could it taste so yummy! 

A very basic dough recipe that could be used for more that just ravioli.....


Ravioli Dough recipe
2 Cups flour - I just used all purpose
3 Eggs
pinch of salt


How easy is that!!

Just mix all together until well incorporated & knead for 10-15 minutes.  I separated that into 2 pieces - chilled in the refrigerator for 1 hour.  When I was getting ready to roll it out I then split the 2 balls of dough in half once again...more dough = more ravioli:)





It's hard to believe that a ball of dough could be transformed into this beautiful sheet of dough....I love my pasta maker:)
Then I floured my counter space & started to add the filling.....
I just made a cheese filling.  Once you get the filling in brush an egg wash on top of the ravioli dough & in between the filling. This will be the binder.  I just used 1 egg with 1 Tablespoon of water. Don't overdo the wash...a little egg goes a long way:)
I did the ravioli a couple of ways to see how I could get the most out of my dough.....I liked the "fold over" method the most ~ the above method was using 2 pieces of dough. For the fold over you would just put the filling a bit closer to the bottom & fold over....to easy!
Once sealed take your pizza cutter to cut raviolis to size & off with the ragged edges:)  Seal edges with a fork and this is what you get....
What a pretty ravioli!!
Just add some sauce & you're good to go!

1 comment: