Monday, September 19, 2011

Caramel Cereal snack mix

So I know a lot of us are Chocolate fans but not me so much....my weakness is Caramel!!  I made this Caramel Cereal snack mix 2 days ago & it's just about gone!! 

 Very simple ingredients....  I even had everything here so I didn't even need to go to the store:)
 Look at that yummy mix of brown sugar, vanilla & butter.......



Caramel Cereal snack mix

8 cups Corn Pops
1 cup salted peanuts
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, cubed  ( I used unsalted)
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

********

*In a large bowl, combine cereal & peanuts; set aside. In a large heave saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter & corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
*Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla & baking soda (mixture will foam). Immediately pur over cereal mixture & toss to coat.
*Spread into (2) greased 15"X 10" baking pans. Bake at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers.  Yield:  14 cups

You would think that they would be sticky but they are not at all.  I got this recipe from Taste of Home.

Enjoy!

3 comments: